Views
Helpful
Replies

Iframe Intergration

wotifadmin
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I'm looking for some information on embedding socialminer chat into an Iframe.

Also how much of the chat UI can be customised?

Thanks

Andrew

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

The SocialMiner user interfaces are designed to be embedded in other web application user interfaces.If your web site or application doesn't support OpenSocial, then you can add SocialMiner to a web page by using an iFrame. With this technic you can make a frame sized to show one of the SocialMiner web pages (most likely the campaign results gadget). Please refer Provisioning Considerations for SocialMiner Chat for related information.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Andrew,

Are you attempting to customize the customer or agent side of the chat UI?

The documentation Geevarghese quoted applies to the gadgets displayed in the standalone SocialMiner UI.

If you simply want to load the chat customer UI in an iframe, it’s fairly easy. Take a look at the "Single-Session Customer Chat Form” section of this page: http://cbabu-wiki.cisco.com:8080/display/ccpdev/Mark%27sBoxof+Sand

Customization of the customer-side of the chat UI is described in the "Chat request form submission” section of the SocialMiner Developer’s Guide. SocialMiner does not allow customization of the Agent UI.

David

Andrew Grech
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I'm Andrew just using a different account.

I have managed to place socialminer into an I frame ect for testing, what I am now looking for is documentation for customizing the Customer facing chat UI. For example I have changed the logo, but things like background color ect.