cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM 6.x to 10.x Physical to Virtual Path

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all we are running CUCM 6.1.4 and would like to upgrade to 10.0.1 CUCM.

What is the upgrade path from going physical to virtual. I have tried to do a fresh install of CUCM 6.1.4 in a virtual environment then restore from backup on our UCS server but, when I upgrade to 10.0.1 it fails.

I have not been able to find a document detailing the virtual path to follow.

We have a  Cisco UCS CM220 to that we will store our new CUCM server on. Our existing CUCM 6.1.4 server is a MCS server 7825H3 2.3GHz processor and 2Gigs or RAM

I have contacted Cisco Licensing and validated our UCSS contract to upgrade and have the upgrade media and have installed all of my DLU's.

Any advice would help,

Thanks,

Dan

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan,

I see that you are using the 'Jump' migration process to try to get to UCM 10.0.  Without getting into details on the failure when upgrading from the virtual 6.x to 10.0, most of the time the issue is the application of the COP file after virtualizing.  The process should be install the 6.x cluster in the lab, install the RU COP file, restore then reboot.

But looking at this from another view, why are you not using Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD) to do this migration?  Check out the post Upgrade path from CUCM 7.1.3 to CUCM 10.0 for information on PCD and how it can help you in the upgrade/migration you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer