Views
Helpful
Replies

Running CTIOS toolkit

hemal.mehta
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Can someone confirm, as to what exactly are the files needed to run the CTIOS version under CTIOSClient directory.  There is setup.exe and dotnetfx.exe and many other files.  I am specifically looking at version 8.0.X.   What other files are required as there are many files under this directory.  What does setup.exe look for to be installed successfully.

Thanks,

Hemal

1 Reply 1

shannonmccoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Hemal,

The answer depends on what features you are trying to support. If you are doing Silent Monitoring (Non CTIOS) or using the ActiveX controls then you need to do a full client install. If you are doing pure .NET then you just need to include the NetCil.dll and NetUtil.dll. I actually link to the different versions so I can deploy the same client on different versions of CTIOS as needed. If you plan on not including the CtiOsDataGrid project in your solution then you will need to also include the CtiOsDataGrid.dll in your lib folder. When you go to deploy the package such as with ClickOnce make sure you select the dlls as Required in the ClickOnce options. This will ensure they go with the deployment. You can deploy this on a machine that does not have the CTIOS Toolkit or stock clients installed so long as you include those 2 or 3 dlls. You should be able to use CTIOS Silent Monitor as well just not the packet grabbing version the stock client uses. Basically the CIL is just a set of wrappers around the GED TCP/IP protocol that CTIOS uses so as longs as you have those most of the communication is just a set of TCP/IP messages to and from the CTIOS server. Hope this answers your question.

Shannon