cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crash doing "show call application voice"

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Router is busy with some 100 script-controlled calls.

Entering "show call application voice"  crashes the router, no crashfile is produced

System was restarted by address error at PC 0x5483043C, address 0x5483043C at 13:54:01 CEST Sun Jun 14 2015

C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Compiled Mon 16-Sep-13 01:31 by prod_rel_team (current version)

Image text-base: 0x040001B0, data-base: 0x0C000000

Stack trace from system failure:

FP: 0x167EF478, RA: 0x5483043C

FP: 0x167EF490, RA: 0x852AC0C

FP: 0x167EF4A0, RA: 0x8534458

FP: 0x167EF4B8, RA: 0x852F980

FP: 0x167EF510, RA: 0x85344C4

FP: 0x167EF528, RA: 0x854DAC8

FP: 0x167EF540, RA: 0x854EAD0

FP: 0x167EF550, RA: 0x8552C90

Also happens with 15.4(3)M2, with only different stack addresses.

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just found that the router crashes in the same manner even after all calls have ended.

Thanks for raising your issue, is crash happens only with "show call application voice" or with any command ?

Did you check any CPU spikes occur during your call flow. I would recommend to contact cisco TAC.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Router crashes with given command, not other commands.

There where no CPU spikes. Router behaves normally.

Could you share to which portion of code the stack trace leads?

"show call application voice" command output displays detailed information about all interactive voice response (IVR) applications,  you may need to increase your memory size.

Please contact Cisco TAC.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

"show call application voice" command output displays detailed information about all interactive voice response (IVR) applications,  you may need to increase your memory size.

Thanks, I'm aware of what the command does. It works normally before the router has been used as described above, but it causes router to crash even after.

Router has maximum memory installed already, beside there are no indications whatsoever that is has memory shortage.

Even in low memory situations crashes are not acceptable, it seems to me this is a straight TCL/IVR crash, from that my query.

AshG
Level 4
Level 4

Just a wild thought , Faulty memory card?

Akin to windows blue screen if RAM is faulty.

Just a wild thought , Faulty memory card?

Akin to windows blue screen if RAM is faulty.

Not really, router works fine, crash happens only under the circumstances above.

You can try to conduct another test to isolates the issue.

Generate logging buffer of 10-15 mb, set term length 0 and do sh log. if it crashes the router then you have more generic issue rather then TCL/IVR only.

Just to confirm, I have 3945e with 154-3.M2 and "show call application voice" doesn't crash the router.

you can also try to use "show call application voice XXX "  where xxx is application name to see if any specific app crashes the router.

You can try to conduct another test to isolates the issue.

Generate logging buffer of 10-15 mb, set term length 0 and do sh log. if it crashes the router then you have more generic issue rather then TCL/IVR only.

Just to confirm, I have 3945e with 154-3.M2 and "show call application voice" doesn't crash the router.

you can also try to use "show call application voice XXX "  where xxx is application name to see if any specific app crashes the router.

I routinely use a large log buffer and do long outputs without crashing this or any router. Which by the way is in production and works fine.

The crash only happens after a stress test with many simulator-generated calls. Not under other conditions. Note also it is not a memory issue as explains above already.

Cisco engineers have access to address decode and it would take them just a short moment to ascertain the location and routine call history from the data given in the first posting.