cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Host for Event via XML API

cchume001
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set an alternative host for an event via the XML API? I've been unable to find the exact options/values required to make this happen. The API documentation is not clear if this is possible or not.

I can schedule an event via the API and invite a panelist to the event. However, I cannot set that panelist to be the alternative host.

If anyone out there has been able to set alternative host on an event via XML API (or any API for that matter), I would be highly appreciative of any insight or code examples you could provide.

Thanks, Chris

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Alternate Host can be added after the event is scheduled, using CreateMeetingAttendee. This is an invitation API, and will add an invitee to the event without deleting existing invitations. Setting the <role> attribute to HOST will result in setting an alternate host for the event. Note that the email address for this invitee should match the email address of an existing host account on the site.

When I try this, I get an error that self registration is not supported/allowed for this event.

I can send the exact error message if needed

Thanks, Chris

Hello,

Registration is only triggered when setting the joinStatus attribute. If you are setting this, please remove it entirely from your request.