cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows error: "this publisher could not be verified"

geert.baeten
Level 1
Level 1

Each time I try to start the Windows Spark application, I get a security warning "this publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" I tried re-installing; no improvement. I tried to uninstall: there is no uninstall option (wtf? major flaw).

Both issues make a business case fail immediately as this kind of behaviour is unacceptable in a professional environment.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks,

Geert

EDIT: typo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

miro@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Geert,

our dev team is looking in to it, it looks like it is Win8+ related only. Can you please confirm your OS version? Uninstall should be available under "Cisco Spark". I will update you with more info later.  Sorry for your trouble and thank you for your feedback.

-miro

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

miro@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Geert,

our dev team is looking in to it, it looks like it is Win8+ related only. Can you please confirm your OS version? Uninstall should be available under "Cisco Spark". I will update you with more info later.  Sorry for your trouble and thank you for your feedback.

-miro

Hello Miro,

thanks for the feedback. I'm indeed using Windows 8.1.

After re-installing Spark, I now indeed get an uninstall option in the "programs and features" section in Windows.

Looking forward to the updated version as I am a happy user of Webex and Spark could be a great addition to that!

Thanks,

Geert

I have more than 50 users to install Cisco Spark. Can you please provide us an offline installer. Moreover I want to install Cisco Spark Client for all users. I have Windows XP, 7 and Windows 8.1 OS. Please guide me cause I have seen after installing Cisco Spark it only shows a shortcut application which redirect to Cisco Login URL. Isn't Cisco provided any application which keep its installation files in C:\Program Folder.