Views
Helpful
Replies

Retain Call Variable values when agent accidentally closes Finesse browser

Lili Chan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

As Finesse Desktop uses dialog.getMediaProperties() to retrieve call variables when there is a new dialog, I am wondering how should I handle a situation when agent "accidentally" closes his Finesse browser window or when browser "crashes", and he re-launches the Finesse web page again ( For eg Agent will still be in Talking state if he logs in within 60secs), and I would like to retain the call variables within my own custom gadget immediately. Do I call dialog.getMediaProperties() again? Whats the best approach ?

Thanks!

Lili Chan (on behalf of Partner)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

If you can't access the variables from the getMediaProperties function, you might try to receive Finesse CTI events in form of XML via XMPP over BOSH.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lili Chan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

2nd Try ..

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

If you can't access the variables from the getMediaProperties function, you might try to receive Finesse CTI events in form of XML via XMPP over BOSH.

Hi,

Thanks for your response ..

Is there any code sample which you can provide to provide a better understanding ?

Rgds, Lili

clili - I recently created something like this using html5 session storage. There are some caveats here:

Session storage is tied to the browser session. If the browser crashes, it's likely the session would get torn down. However, you could simply use html5 local storage objects instead.

As a cursory example:

The agent receives a new call.

Upon receiving this phone call, you run getMediaProperties to retrieve var1-10 and store them in javascript varibles 1-10.

You could create the local storage object called callVariables.

When loading the finesse you can check to see if the localStorage object exists and if it does retrieve the variables and populate the gadget.

Developers should be careful when storing those items in localStorage. Ensure they do not contain any PII as this info could be accessed by any javascript, executed by the browser and not just your own.