Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Error: The field(s) creation failed

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dears,

We are working on a CUIC custom report for one of our customers.

They want to add additional fields in a stock CUIC report (agent historical all fields) , the additional fields would be coming from CDR files parsed into an mssql database

What we did was to generate the stock report -> view sql

We transformed the generated sql into an SQL Stored procedure, where some changes added the required fields ( using cross-apply with an sql table valued function)

Calling the stored procedure directly from SQL generates the same report as CUIC stock one, in addition to the additional columns

Unfortunately when trying to create a new report definition, after successfully creating the data-source, the parameter fields are being generated from MSSQL ( those fields are 2 date fields), but clicking on the generate parameters button results the attached error

Has someone faced a similar issue?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

18 Replies 18

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

I'm not much use here, it's been a while since I did a stored procedure and passed parameters to it.  I do know that the "create fields" button after "create parameters" button can be misleading, one tends to think that is the parameters that CUIC is taking issue with - when in fact it is the component prior to parameters which is typically causing the problem.  I might get a chance to play with this today.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hmmm, I had no trouble with:

create procedure cuictest(@dt1 datetime, @dt2 datetime) as

select * from Agent_Skill_Group_Interval where DateTime between @dt1 and @dt2

Which is sloppy, but effective.  Can you post your stored procedure?

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hello Jack,

Please find attached the stored procedures.

Thank you very much for your support. Much appreciated.

Regards,

jacparke
Level 5
Level 5

I see you have a "Use CUIC" in there which doesn't make sense to me.  I removed that and created your procedure successfully against my awdb, created a report definition and that worked properly.  Is your CUIC_Outbound an awdb?

If it's not that obvious, use RTMT to grab the logs from CUIC and send those along.  I happen to have a CUIC engineer sitting next door to me this week.

Also, what version of CUIC?

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hello,

we have 2 databases:

- deray_awdb: the awdb database installed.

- CUIC: contains all the additional data we need to add to our stock report and is the data-source for CUIC_Outbound

The stored procedure runs on CUIC and calls deray_awdb  tables ( of-course removing "use cuic" will allow you to create the procedure, this is a different problem).

the issue we are facing is when we click create fields ( the create parameters button is creating both datefrom and dateto params as expected)

CUIC Version:11.0(1) build 1 (11_0_1_10000_107)

concerning RTMT , can you please help us extract the correct logs? the application seemed a little wide and we didn't know what to extract.

Thanks in advance

I am personally unfamiliar with RTMT, when I asked for instructions I got:

"

RTMT can be downloaded from OAMP.

Then login with CLI user and there will be an option for  for download logs , select “reporting service”, give the timeline and then download.

"

I hope that is helpful.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your continuous support.

Please find below a google drive link that contains the logs.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7ZToIj4BcyhNU5vLVBJMGtzQmM&usp=sharing

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

Lara,

Those don't appear to be the CUIC logs.  Hmmm let's give you some better directions.  In RTMT, select "Trace & Log Central"

from there select "Collect Files", that should get the proper logs.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hi Jack,

Please find attached the logs.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Failed to call stored procedure: DataSource 'CUIC_Outbound', Stored Procedure={call [generate_AgentHistoricalAllFields]('2016-07-12 13:48:52')} and error=Procedure or function 'generate_AgentHistoricalAllFields' expects parameter '@dateto', which was not supplied.

I should have asked this a while ago, what version of CUIC is this?  Looks like it is only passing a single parameter when you have definitely defined 2.  As a test, create the procedure with one data parameter (@dateto), set @datefrom to be @dateto - 1 week. 

Let me find out if historically there was an issue with two parameters.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hello Jack,

CUIC Version:11.0(1) build 1 (11_0_1_10000_107)

The first step ( Create Parameters) prior to create fields is running fine, i can see the 2 parameters being created in CUIC and are being identified as Datetime as expected.

The error is occuring when clicking on Create Fields.

Thank you.

Lara

11.01 is very recent.

When you click on "Create Fields", CUIC tries to run the stored procedure, but from the log, it is only passing a single data time parameter, not both like it should.  To validate that, could you modify the stored procedure to only require one parameter and see if it still blows up.  Not that that provides you a solution, but it would verify that that is where the problem is.

Regards,

Jack Parker

Hello,

I was able to create the report definition with 1 parameter ( I modified the sql temporarily) , but errors occurred during the creation of the report ( not the report definition).

I was trying to create a report similar to "Agent Historical All Fields" stock report, but containing the additional columns.

I couldn't see any difference between the reports, but i still got errors when trying to run it, and was having a weird empty report headers section when clicking edit Views ( Check attached screenshot).

Thank you.

Lara

Sounds like we need to look at this together over a webex.  I imagine you to be Egyptian from your name, certainly you appear to be in an earlier time zone.  Are you amenable to a webex?  If so, what timezone are you in?  I'm in EST.

Regards,

Jack Parker