Views
Helpful
Replies

ANI Interrmittent in MediaAddress from Participant list

mikestief1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We integrated with Cisco Finesse as a non gadget using XMPP. We have a bank on 10.6 (1) and at this bank the ANI doesn't always come across when the switch board transfers the call. Other banks are working fine with the integration.

Is anyone aware of an issue where the ANI doesn't come across when a call is transferred? Could it be something with how the bank has Cisco configured when the call goes from the switch board to the Queue or switch board to agent?

Thanks,

Mike

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Finesse gets the ANI from UCCX via the CTI messages/events. Since you said with the same integration, the ANI works with fine with one bank and not consistent with the other, I would probably conclude that it is due to the configuration of either UCCX or UCM (I would lean more towards UCM).

In the non gadget integration, are you updating the call information with every single dialog event that comes? The reason why I ask is sometimes UCCX will send Finesse an event with no ANI and then send a CALL_DATA_UPDATE seconds later with just the ANI. As a result, Finesse will publish an event without an ANI, then publish another event that looks almost exactly alike, but with the ANI. Could this be happening in these situations? Finesse only publishes events when there is a change, so you should never ignore/throw away any events.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

That helps a lot. I went back to check the code and I think there is an instance at which we don't properly handle a CALL_DATA_UPDATE. I am looking into this item now.

Thanks,

Mike