cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Would like to see a custom field being sent to finesse agent via chat

sylvester
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with Cisco Finesse 11.5 and I would like to pass an extra string from the customer (pre chat window) to the agent.

I have configured the pre chat template to accept this string (as per the Enterprise Chat and Email Administrator’s Guide to Chat and Collaboration 11.5 ) in that I have updated both eGainLiveConfig.js  and chat_Locale.properties files.

I have also followed the Enterprise Chat and Email Administrator’s Guide to Tools Console 11.5 and created a custom attribute with the same attributeName as that which I entered into the eGainLiveConfig.js. I have also configured the view to be enabled.

However when I send in a new chat into the Finesse agent, I am unable to see the new string/custom attribute which I would like displayed to the agent.

Is there something I am missing?

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sylvester,

Sorry for the delayed answer. This gadget (eGainLiveConfig.js) was written by eGain, so you would need to reach out to them for assistance. Unfortunately, I am unable to support that gadget as I am not aware of how it works.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for replying.

I was able to script the eGainLiveConfig.js file to accept the pre-chat custom field.

Its just that it does not appear in the agent ECE chat window in finesse and I was wondering is the instructions in Document "Enterprise Chat and Email Administrator’s Guide to Tools Console 11.5"  Chapter 3 Creating custom attributes - the correct steps to take to have it appear.

Thanks

Sylvester.

Hi Sylvester,

Unfortunately, I have not followed the documentation as I haven't an answer for you as I haven't done it myself. I would probably reach out to eGain for assistance.

Thanx,

Denise

Sylvester,

Did you ever find a solution to present the custom attribute data to the agent?