Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 Port-Channel from single ASA to Pair of Nexus 5ks

sanders.ryan
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm pretty green when in it comes to ASA, Routing, and Nexus, mostly form being confined to a layer 2 switching environment and could use some help on a configuration...

The currently topology I'm working with is attached and seems to be working no problems, but part of it I know is not optimal and I want to correct... There are currently The 2 Nexus 5ks are part of VPC domain, peerlinks, keepalive, all is well... They connect down to 2960x edge switches which are stacked running layer 2 vpc port-channels  all is well there...  Attached to the Nexus is an ASA 5555x where I've been able to successfully setup layer 3 port-channel between ASA and 1 Nexus switch.

I have servers and other equipment that needs to reside behind the firewall, because they need to be isolated from the rest of the network, and some of them are vulnerable machines. Some of these devices are major data crunchers and vital to stay up/up for connectivity. So I want to bundle as many interfaces as possible between the Nexus and ASA and provide more redundancy having links going to both Nexus switches.

Is this possible to do? If so... I'm not really sure on how to configure this, and could benefit from a configuration example...

Thank you! appreciate your time and help!

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the ise forum, Is this an ise question?

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5

Is this what you are looking for (refer to the ASA section)?:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/design/vpc_design/vpc_best_practices_design_guide.pdf