Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Desktop Layout - columns and widths

andysteel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm wanting to edit the Desktop Layout XML so that I have one gadget occupying about 30% of the left side of the page and have other gadgets occupying the remaining space on the right - possibly stacked vertically.

I'm using the <columns><column>... xml elements but can't see how to specify the width of a column. It seems to just allocate the space amongst the columns evenly.

I'm guessing it's possible using jquery+css to modify this but I'd prefer not to if there's already a method that's supported for defining column widths.

Something like the crude diagram below is what i'd be looking at.

-----------------------------------

|          |                      |

|          |         B            |

|          |----------------------|

|          |                      |

|    A     |         C            |

|        |----------------------|

|      |                      |

|       |         D            |

-----------------------------------

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, Finesse currently distributes the width of each column evenly. So, 2 columns would be 50/50 and 3 columns would be 33/33/33.

I tried to see if there is a workaround by using  the openSocial gadget attribute preferred_width with no success.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, Finesse currently distributes the width of each column evenly. So, 2 columns would be 50/50 and 3 columns would be 33/33/33.

I tried to see if there is a workaround by using  the openSocial gadget attribute preferred_width with no success.

Thanx,

Denise