cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE9 Interface

clarkst12
Level 5
Level 5

I must be missing something here.  I upgraded an SX10 registered with CUCM to CE9 and I like the very simple interface on the touchpad, but ... They have made it MUCH harder to just make a call.  WHY?!?!?

In CE8, you hit "Dial", then you get a dial pad that you can use to make a call.

in CE9, you hit "Call" -> "Search or dial" -> ".?123" -> Then you finally get numbers like a keyboard (ugh).  What a horrible interface.

I've briefly looked through the options and I don't see a way to change the UserInterface to see a simple dial pad when they press "Call".  I've now downgraded back to CE8. 

We have always sold these video units as just phones that can do video.  Replace your phone in a conference room with one of these (no audio phone needed).  While I appreciate that Cisco is trying to tie this so much to Spark, it seems that they are losing the non-Spark focus. 

Anyone know an option to change to make this simple to dial a phone number?

2 Replies 2

johns10t
Level 4
Level 4

Completely agree, it needs to be improved. Maybe they could make two columns that had one side for Recents/Directory and the other with Search/Dial with a dial pad.

I'm guessing this will reset once I reboot my MX300, but it seems to keep the last used keyboard/dial pad when you actually go into the dial screen. On the keyboard, to the left of the ".?123" button, there is a dial pad option. This is much better than using the number row of the keyboard, but still, getting there is tedious.

Just got confirmation from TAC that it is what it is.  No options.

Not sure how something like this gets by their testing.