cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I add a custom HTTP header in a Workflow REST message?

antonio.delgado
Level 1
Level 1

We have a requirement to send a REST POST message to a backend system, to trigger a post-call survey. We were planning to use a Finesse Workflow for this. It seemed perfect for the job. However we can't seem to add any additional headers using the standard Workflows configuration GUI. We can set the content type, but that's about it. Our backend system needs an authentication token, which we must pass in a header called Authentication-API.

Is there any way around this? 

Thanks.

Antonio Delgado

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Antonio,

Not to my knowledge. A workaround would be to build a custom gadget that calls an external REST API during the correct call criteria. You can take a look at this sample gadget to call the external REST API: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/ExternalRestApiSampleGadget

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise

Thank you. I arrived at the same conclusion after searching DevNet and all the various forums. We will look at that sample Gadget and modify it. We are not JS programmers in our team, but I think we could just about manage it. It's a shame that we can't do it with Workflows, it would have been so much simpler if we could add that custom header to the REST API configuration.

Regards,

Antonio

I checked in UCCX 11.5 we can set content type for workflow