Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid deployment: UCM jabber + Spark integration

Good morning to everybody,

We are looking to design a solution for a custormer which already has an on-premise solution with UCS.

At this moment they are planning to integrate a new solution with some rooms for videoconference, MX most likely.

They will also like to have an enviroment to talk with other collagues, share files... like Spark.

The solution of sparks fills really good in order to have the video points register there so anyone can use them and connect to them.

Is there any possibilty to call from spark to a register phone of the Call Manager?

I guess if you call from a jabber endpoint to the url of a video endpoint register in spark there is no problem, however can you call from an space in spark to a phone register in the UCM?

Thanks in advance.

Roberto.

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can if you plan to register to Spark aka spark call it can also resolve that sip URI and hit your UCM through expressway

Thanks

Srini

Good morning,

I dont understand when you say, "if you plan to register to Spark".

If I register in Spark the MX300 I can call it using the URI if the endpoint register in the UCM has that ability. And the other way around, the MX will be able to call another device if it has the URI.

But does a normal "personal" Spark space has that URI?

I mean, not an endpoint register in Spark like a MX, only the personal space you have when you log it, ¿can you call it?

Thanks.

It depends on the type of space. For example if it's a 1:1 space then only way today is you have pair your spark client with that room

But on the other hand if that space has more than two and less than 25, see under meetings by clicking on the 9 dots and you will see a URI you can call.

In addition I hear a 1:1 space will have a URI soon too but it's not released yet.

Thanks

Srini

Ahmed eleshmawi
Level 1
Level 1

hi Roberto

you can do Hyprid doployment with spark, and you will be able to call from and to spark using URL for endpoint register on spark and if your countiry allowed you will be able to use on promissis voice gateway for PSTN calls from spark too.

kindly have lookon the below link for more understanding

Cisco Spark Hybrid Services Design Guide - Cisco

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-13416