Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C240 M5 standalone server firmware push via python script

jqualls
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I have downloaded a python script from Cisco DevNet for the purpose of pushing out the firmware updates via the HUU (because that is the only updates that are offered) to multiple C240 M5 servers.

I have tried to run the python script and I keep getting an error that I dont understand.

Here is the error: ERROR: 2017-11-07 15:17:46,536 - Process-1 - 32139 - We failed to reach CIMC (10.196.3.165). Reason: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)

No matter how I edit the config file to not use SSL, it keeps throwing this error.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James - the 3.1.x versions were just posted, so I would try those first. Also, please ensure you have the required Python/SSL versions. These have been confirmed to work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg Wilkinson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

Not sure what scripts specifically you are using, but have you tried the tools located here: Cisco Standalone C-Series HUU Utilities

Greg

Yes, I tried that script which is actually where the error is coming from.

Also, I downloaded the SDK from Cisco DevNet and tried to get that one working as well.

I am just not sure where in the script it is failing nor why its failing.

Have you ever got it to work?

James - the 3.1.x versions were just posted, so I would try those first. Also, please ensure you have the required Python/SSL versions. These have been confirmed to work.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card