Helpful
Replies

PCCE 11.6 media server failover

touma.kayal
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am trying to implement media failover as per cisco document below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal-1151/210591-CVP-Default-Media-Server-Configuration-f.html

In my ICM script, I didn’t specify any media server so it should be taking our default media server specified at the media server configuration page. My default media server hostname in:CVPA

So by default all my calls will point to media server hostname CVPA

Now if my media server CVPA failed, the CVP server should point back to CVPA-backup and try to fetch the media file from the backup media server. At this point, the VVB should point to CVP-backup that is already defined in VVB as host to IP:

Utils vvb add host-to-ip cvpa [ip address of CVPA media server]

Utils vvb add host-to-ip cvpa-backup [ip address of CVPB media server]

Now when I shut down CVPA server where the CVP and media server side A resides, the call still hits the CVPB and the media server but the media server plays the below error prompt:

Sorry, we’re experiencing system difficulties please try again at a later time. (male voice)

While checking for the VVB logs, I’ve realized that the VVB is even not trying to fetch the audio file from the backup media server. Noting that the media files are played from VXML server

16 Replies 16

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you shut down CVPA then it can't answer calls. You should shut down

only the IIS media server by using a power shell window and entering

iisreset /stop and then later iisreset /start.

Hi Janine,

Thank you for your prompt support. But what if CVPA machine went down??  How does it work for CVPB

Do you have a sip proxy server? If so, then the incoming call should

never get to the failed CVPA.

I'm not sure what happens w/o a proxy server - I'm not an expert at that.

Perhaps it goes to survivability?

this link has some info:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/pcce-ha-configuration/td-p/2989040

Google works pretty well for this - just put in 'pcce failover'
Here's a good looking link https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cvp-failover/td-p/2945768

Hi Janine,

Thx a lot for these links,but i am using vvb and not a voice gateway as my VXML browser

I recommend you create a new post with a more descriptive title, and

someone else can address it.

Something like PCCE 11.6 failover

Thank you lot Janine,

Actually i've done my test by shutting down CVP side A. and as you know CVP server in PCCE contains both the CVP server and the media server.in addition i am running VBB as a voice browser and not and IOS gateway.

when i shut down CVPA server, and i make a new call, the call goes over to CVPB and it get processed, but media files configured at the VXML server ( using call studio) are not being fetched by the VVB. i cannot not see that the VVB is Even try to call the mediaserver-backup in order to fetch the media file. instead, the CVP is playing the famous error message:

Sorry, we’re experiencing system difficulties please try again at a later time. (male voice)

and this error.wav file ran using media server on CVP B. so the media server is up but the VVB is not instructing the VXML browser to browse the audio file located at the media server side B.

The male voice playing the error message is not served up by the IIS media server. It's served up by the Tomcat running the VXML Server service.

You may have to configure through OAMP for the system to add the "-backup" if a server is down.

Go to OAMP - DeviceMgmt/CallServer click the IVR tab. Then you'll see on the right side, Use backup Media/VXML Server - you probably have to specify Yes there.

Hi Janine,

I've already done this but with no luck.

actually i've been following the below guide to configure media failover and this step is there:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal-1151/210591-CVP-Default-Media-Server-Configuration-f.html

regards,

Thanks Janine for checking on this.

Touma ,

If you are using VVB , can you try this on VVB and let us know if it works..

----------------

utils vvb add host-to-ip <mediaserver> <ip address>

utils vvb add host-to-ip <mediaserver>-backup <ip address>

---------

Replace the mediaserver with the host name configured on CVP for both primary and backup. in my lab say primary media server is .111 and backup is .222

As an example:

admin: utils vvb add host-to-ip mediaserver 10.22.158.111

Command successful

admin: utils vvb add host-to-ip mediaserver-backup 10.22.158.222

Command successful

thank you Raghavendra for your reply.

lets consider this was configured on the VVB, what shall i configure from the ICM side. Can you please send me screenshots if possible. what shall i configure as user,microapp.media_server in the ICM script??

Appreciate sending me ICM script screenshots that specifies the media server configuration

Regards,

I am attaching the VVB server logs when shutting down CVP side A where media server is located.

note that at the VVB server i have the below host to ip mapping

admin:show vvb host-to-ip

IPAddress      HostName

# This file is managed by hosts_mgr.sh

127.0.0.1  localhost

172.18.8.76 vvb2.corp.alfamobile.com.lb vvb2

#2018-06-26 09:52:22.326 172.18.8.51 mediaserver

172.18.8.51 mediaserver

#2018-06-26 09:52:30.172 172.18.8.61 mediaserver-backup

172.18.8.61 mediaserver-backup

#2018-06-26 16:39:17.572 172.18.8.61 cvpa-backup

172.18.8.61 cvpa-backup

Appreciate your feedback

note also that when the media server at Side a goes down, the VVB gives me the below logs as per the previous attached file:

Fetch:    http://mediaserver-backup:7000/CVP/Server

10074: Jul 02 15:08:00.007 EEST %MIVR-SS_VB-7-UNK:[CALLID=755E8E000001000000000499470812AC-153053323765283] ContactInactiveException