Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.10.07 - SNTC not showing serial number for ASAv devices

bwyncoll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

we have migrated to ASAv devices for our RAS solution and they are in CSPC and being collected via SNMP and SSH protocols. all data including the ' show inventory ' is being sent to SNTC as i can see it on ' collected data ' for the devices in the CSPC gui and i have verified the serial numbers are present. However SNTC shows empty fields for the serials and i cannot raise a support case on the serials either. 

Any ideas on why this is happening please? 

Thankyou for any help you can offer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

bwyncoll  I privately sent you an email with additional details about the above post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The serial numbers in SNTC are the correlation of collected serial number with Physical serial number on contracts. However the ASAv  do not have physical serial numbers. Secure Firewall ASA Virtual is a virtual appliance software and falls under the category of license/certificate. Even though it has a virtual Serial number it cannot be processed because it does not exist in physical hardware contract base

thankyou for the detailed info

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

bwyncoll  I privately sent you an email with additional details about the above post.

Thankyou very much for your help, I now have that field visible in SNTC also , I doesn't resolve the opening TAC tickets problem for these devices but I greatly appreciate you taking the time to email me separately *

bwyncoll
Level 1
Level 1

solution to this was to add the ' collected serial ' field to the visible output in ' all equipment ' on the SNTC portal. this then showed the serial numbers for visiblity but they are not recognised when opening support cases ( seperate issue ) 

thankyou Adias much appreciated