Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh Windows 11 build. Jabber crashes

Poco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have run into an issue with Jabber, that I can't seem to resolve.

I have 3 brand new laptops that I have deployed Windows 11 to.  These are different model HP laptops.  All have the latest drivers. 

Once I install Jabber, it asks for credentials and then in crashes, i.e. the Cisco Jabber Problem Report pops up.  I have tried 

• Versions: 12.9, 14.1, 14.2 and 14.3. 14.1 is already working in my environment.
  • Using Various command line installations.(e,g, msiexec.exe /I CiscoJabberSetup14.1.msi CLEAR=1 UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false)
  • Deleting any cucm, pres, im certificates and copying them from a known good machine.
  • Installing and running as administrator.

I have deployed Windows 11 and Jabber previously, so unsure why this is happening now. Would anyone have any ideas?  I am currently using a different Windows deployment server to see if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Aidan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Poco
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks you for getting back to me I appreciate it.

It looks like there is an issue with my Image on my Windows 11 deployment server that is causing this.  I recreated a new image and I am now able to login to Jabber.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you checked the Jabber logs?^^

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Poco ,

Please go through the following link: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber/220328-troubleshoot-when-jabber-crashes.html

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Poco
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks you for getting back to me I appreciate it.

It looks like there is an issue with my Image on my Windows 11 deployment server that is causing this.  I recreated a new image and I am now able to login to Jabber.