Views
Helpful
Replies

"Quote a message" in Cisco Jabber

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5
  • Hello everyone

I have observed the "Quote a message" or "reply to a particular sender's message in different chat applications such as whatsapp, telegram,facebook messenger,i want to ask if cisco jabbber has such feature.If yes,how will it be enabled.

when we use the chat in cisco jabber,we cant "Quote a message and comment on it"Users usually complain on this.

is there any solution to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK Jabber, or actually the messaging service in CUPS, Cisco Unified Presence Server, does not have this functionality. What you can do is replace Jabber with Webex and use the messaging service in the cloud as that has this functionality. The benefit of this is that you can remove CUPS as it wouldn’t be needed anymore.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

AFAIK Jabber, or actually the messaging service in CUPS, Cisco Unified Presence Server, does not have this functionality. What you can do is replace Jabber with Webex and use the messaging service in the cloud as that has this functionality. The benefit of this is that you can remove CUPS as it wouldn’t be needed anymore.

Response Signature

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

thanks to you for the swift response.My issue with the webex is that it is totally dependent  on the cloud. In remote areas,where is no stable internet connectivity,it will be a challenge.

So if webex can be installed for both on premise and cloud, it will be great.So if there is no intetnet, on premise users can still collaborate via jabber unlike webex.

does it require license to register webex to on premise cucm?

Webex uses the same license and configuration element as Jabber in CM.

Response Signature

in other words, if my onpremise is licensed,i can use webex calling and
chat features for free.
I have already enabled hybrid services in expressway c which is registered
to webex control hub.I am looking for where to add on premise cucm to webex
cloud

The license and configuration element in CM give you call services. For IM you’ll require license in Webex Control Hub. Hybrid messaging has only relevance for integration between on-prem and cloud messaging services. I would recommend that you don’t use that if not absolutely necessary as the UX of it is not the best.

There is no connection between CM and Control Hub for these type of integration. However there is a connection between the two if you want to use CCUC, Cloud Connected Unified Communication, but that a completely different topic.

Response Signature

Ok
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. To make use of im and
presence services,i will need license in web control hub.