Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Whisper coaching using JS/REST

andysteel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to initiate whisper coaching for my Supervisors using either the Javascript or RESTful services. I can see how to initiate a Silent Monitor but can't see any documentation on how to perform Whisper mode, so that the Supervisor can talk to the Agent but the customer cannot hear this.

I understand that Barge is not applicable as I don't want the customer to hear the whisper.

Is this possible using Finesse JS or RESTful service ? If not, how else can this be achieved - JTAPI?

regards,

Andy

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

As you already saw, you can initiate a Silent monitor using Finesse APIs. I am not very familiar with Whisper coaching feature. Looking at the 10.0 CUCM feature set guide, it states:

Whisper Coaching

Whisper coaching allows supervisors to talk to agents during a monitoring session. To start a whisper coaching session, a monitoring session must already be in progress. A whisper coaching session is initiated by any CTI application (JTAPI/TAPI), such as Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise or Cisco Unified Contact Center Express.

Supervisors can toggle between monitoring and whisper coaching sessions as needed using a CTI application.

To enable whisper coaching, follow the instructions to enable monitoring. No additional configuration is needed for whisper coaching.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any documentation on the UCCX or UCCE side. So I think the only way is via JTAPI. Please see the documentation here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/jtapi/documents/developer-guides/index.gsp

I hope this helps.

Thanx,

Denise