Views
Helpful
Replies

Workflow for manual call from Finesse

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Its possible to send the DNIS of manual call through the workflow to CRM, which is made through the finesse dial pad?

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.M

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gnaneswaran,

Yes, you can invoke a workflow for manual calls made via the Finesse dial pad. The DNIS variable should already be populated at that time, so that should be possible.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I am interested in learning more about how we can invoke a workflow to pass information to a CRM tool. Can you provide additional details?

thank you!

Hi Kaitlyn,

I am assuming the CRM has some sort of input/integration points such as a REST API or URL parameters.

Finesse's workflow has the option of triggering when a call is made/receive/answered/etc. There are two different types of actions: 1) Screen pop, and 2) REST API. So, if your CRM has a REST API as an integration point to pass the information, you can invoke that REST API with the data that you want, such as DNIS or some call variable. The same goes for URL parameters.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Yes, we are implementing Finesse with Oracle Service Cloud CRM - both which have REST API features. I am working on a proof of concept that we are able to integrate the two and that they can communicate by passing call data (ie. talk time, hold time) and call variables. Might you have code snippets that you are able to share or any lessons learned/knowledge articles to help us as we are new to Finesse.

thank you!

Katie

For passing call variables, you may not even need to do any coding since you said both integrations have REST APIs. You may only need to configure workflows: Cisco Finesse Administration Guide Release 11.5(1) - Manage Workflows [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

I am not sure if you got to this forum from the DevNet Finesse page, but if you didn't, there is a lot of resources here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/

On that page, there are sample gadgets that you can use for the integration: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/#sample-gadgets

Thanx,

Denise