cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMS Notifications using Twilio

ghalleen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does anyone have a working configuration with ISE to send SMS messages using Twilio?

26 Replies 26

I am asking some others who have helped get it working to chime in

Thanks Jason. Any info on this would help.

Jeff Okragly
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I have tested but it failed.

What is the Username and Password that should be used?  Is it the same creds to login to the twilio site or should we use the Acct Sid and Auth Token?

I don’t have a setup I was just passed this info and don’t have a further write-up, trying to work with someone that has a setup to get better notes.

This is a question for Twilio but would think its Acct Sid and Auth Token

I will see if someone with this setup can comment as well

Thank you.  I tried both ways.  When I have the site username and password entered in ISE the guest portal says the message was sent but I never recieve it.  Wonder what the 2B in the begining of the phone number is?  THought maybe that was the + sign.

If I ender the Account Sid and Auth Token and test the guest portal says SMS Failed to send...

Look forward to hearing back from you.

If this is urgent please open a tac case, will try to get some better info on this for you

Username and password is account sid and auth token. %2B is + sign for the number. I can get this to work using a external POST client, not ISE though.

What version of ISE are you running?

Thanks,

Jeff

ISE version 2.1 patch 3.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff Okragly
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated my ISE to 2.2 and am still having the same issues.  When I login to my mobile device and get directed to my guest portal and complete the registration it says that the SMS has been sent.  ISE shows the account is created and I see the traffic leaving my firewall going to one of the Twilio IPs but we never receive a SMS message.  ANY IDEAS!!!  PLEASE and Thank you.

Please debug with twilio and cisco tac

The forum isnt meant for debugging