Views
Helpful
Replies

Roomkit EQ codec SIP or H323 dailing not working - Dial command failed

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a brand new Roomkit EQ, this nice piece of technology is working fine when setup in the Webex portal (Control hub).

But (after a factory reset) I cannot get it to work on SIP or H323, tried our VCS and Pexip registration.

The unit will register at the VCS or Pexip, but dialing an address will result in an error, this error indicator only visible in the web interface.

The error states: Dial command failed. Error: Unknown error

At our office I’m preparing multiple units tried a second unit, did not registered it to Webex first and wrote down the software version running in this codec: RoomOS ce11.1.2.1.459f69901f1.

With this software release I can make SIP calls with the unit registered to our VCS or Pexip.

Did one software update to: RoomOS 11.1.2.4, and from that point on I can’t make SIP calls with the unit & got the same error message.

Registering this unit to Webex – it is working like it should be, but again after a factory reset, It will not work with the VCS or Pexip.

My guess that there is a software bug in the RoomOS for this codec, the same software version in a Roombar or Roomkit Pro is working fine.

Can any one at Cisco confirm this as a bug?  And fix it please!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Soohyung Choi,

Thankyou for your comment, I found the solution some time ago and forgot to update the post.

Setting the admin password is the solution, I had to chance my way of working, in the past I first checked if al is working as expected and then set the password.
Now I must set a password right away.

Best regards, Bert-Wietze

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Actually I couldn't confirm that it is software bug, but you can try to downgrade the software firmware for that video conference endpoint and test the call.
If it works fine means that the software release having a problem.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks for you suggestion, the thing is that the software version that worked is not for download on the Cisco Portal.
I would really like to try but I can't access this firmware.

Best regards,
Bert

You can try to open a case with the TAC and they will help you with the software firmware.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Why are you looking to downgrade the software? What you're running is already on the old side. 11.5.3.3 is on Cisco's Website and the current stable version in Control Hub is 11.9.1. I have hundreds of endpoints that are dual registered (CUCM and Control Hub) and can make SIP calls without issue, it's not likely this is a software bug but more likely a configuration issue. We would have been running 11.1.x earlier this year. Do you have Cisco support? I'd open a ticket with TAC, you're missing something. 

soohyung choi
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with IP Direct calls. (Roomkit EQ)
Roomki Pro solved the problem by factory resetting after downgrading to the RoomOS10 version.
I have been trying to fix the Room EQ issue, but Cisco have been not providing RoomOS 10 for Roomkit EQ
Now the problem is OK?

soohyung choi
Level 1
Level 1

I solved  "Dial command failed" Error with TAC's help

TAC advice is " Setting admin password " in this RoomOS version

After setting admin Password, this problem was solved.

Good luck, Regard

Hi Soohyung Choi,

Thankyou for your comment, I found the solution some time ago and forgot to update the post.

Setting the admin password is the solution, I had to chance my way of working, in the past I first checked if al is working as expected and then set the password.
Now I must set a password right away.

Best regards, Bert-Wietze