So....i have a SME and a leaf cluster.

CXN is connected to the SME.

Calls from external 

ITSP-CUBE-SME-User(forwarded to VM) on LEAF-SME-CXN

Reach voice mail correctly

Calls from another client:

JABBER(LEAF)-User(forwarded to VM) on LEAF-SME-CXN

fails with a fast busy.

I am seeing SIP/2.0 481 in the CUCM logs on SME.

Any ideas for things to check?

10 Replies 10

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
could you make a drawing?

With your description, personally, I don't really understand, who calls who, who has forward to where, ... especially with the non-working call.
Is a Jabber user A (on Leaf CUCM) calling another user B (also on Leaf CUCM), where user B has forward to VM?

Is it only Jabber clients or is it physical phones as well?

Is the VM integration only between the SME and CUC, and then the Route Pattern for the VM Pilot goes to the SME which sends it over to CUC? Or do you have an integration between the leaf cluster and CUC as well?

Can you provide the trace file for the leaf and SME cluster that contain the call?

Maren

this cluster is using jabber only at the moment. I have not tested with a physical phone. Working on a drawing like @b.winter  asked for but a couple fires needed to be put out this morning.

Yes, the VM integration is only between SME and CUC, The Route pattern is routed to SME.

I will get some trace files uploaded shortly. 

Also worth noting, i am advertising the VM Pilot via GDPR. i also had an actual pattern with the same results but it is worth mentioning.

The calls are getting to SME, just getting the error noted above.

In RTMT, do you see the call outgoing from SME to CUC?
Or in RTMT connected to CUC, do you see the call incoming to CUC?

yes, that is where i see the error above for SME to CUC, i need to look at CUC but i am getting the response from it

On both ends of the SIP Trunk connecting the leaf cluster with the SME cluster, do you have the "Redirecting Delivery Header" checkboxes checked?

Those checkboxes will be checked on the SIP Trunk between SME and CUC. It occurs to me that not having them checked on the SIP Trunk between leaf-SME could explain why PSTN calls roll to VM successfully but not internal calls.

Maren

yes....i do...first thing i checked...:)

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

FYI, this turned out to be a GDPR bug in CUCM 15

Can you please give us a little more details on the defect you referenced?

Response Signature

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

i will once i get the new bugid. basically, an advertised pattern was removed but the removal was not replicated

i was able to prove this to TAC but they are creating the bug report now